Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oscar

Author's note: I wrote this piece to demonstrate my understanding of creative pieces


Taste
If my dog Oscar was food, he would melt in your mouth like a piece of dark chocolate. Oscar would feel like a big and fluffy marshmallow in my mouth. When I swim with Oscar, he is like ice cream cooling me down on a hot summer day.
Touch
When I pet my dog’s ears they are as smooth as silk. However, when I rub my dog’s belly, it jiggles like jello. The pads of my dog’s paws are rough like sandpaper when I hold one of his paws.
See
At night, my dog Oscar is like a shadow of darkness. When Oscar plays in the snow he is cute
as a bunny. When the sun shines on Oscar his fur shines like gold.
Smell
When Oscar farts its like a stink bomb went off. Also, Oscar’s breath is like garbage. When I get too close to him, it feels like someone threw a fish at my nose.
Hear
Oscar’s bark is like a lion’s roar. When Oscar grumbles it’s like a volcano going off.  However, when Oscar does not do any of these things he is silent as a Ninja.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work with word choice and figurative language here! Oscar must a real treat.

    ReplyDelete